In the over 25 years PlayCare has been in business, we’ve seen far too many playgrounds that are dangerous and in disrepair. We’ve also seen far too many situations where organizations do not have the financial resources to renew, restore, and rejuvenate those playgrounds. That’s why we created our cost-sharing program called PlayShare. Our comprehensive service allows us to offer our community partners deep discounts, grant opportunities, and a safe play environment for all children.
A thoughtfully and beautifully designed playground structure
A custom solution for your space
Between 10%-33% fund matching
Enhanced footage of the project
Marketing assistance for fundraising
Customized donor recognition sign
Fulfilling Our Mission:
Enriching Lives Through Play
Play is essential for so many areas of development. Play is vital to the physical, emotional, social, cognitive, and sensory development of all children. We believe every child deserves a safe and exciting playground to engage their senses, challenge their minds, and connect with others. We contribute every resource at our disposal to fulfill our mission and we invite you to join us.
We provide our community partners with a playground designed exclusively for their space complete with an innovative structure that allows children of all ages and abilities to play. We offer between 10%-33% fund matching and referrals from other eligible community partners. We assist your marketing efforts for fundraising with enhanced renderings, footage of the project, and a complimentary Donor Recognition sign.
PlayCare Mission Share is open to non-profit and private organizations that provide services, programs, and curricula to children ages 0 to 12, and demonstrate a commitment to enriching the lives of children through play.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Be a non-profit or privately funded organization, school, daycare, religious institution, or facility OR at least a portion of your project must be privately funded.
- Provide services to children ages 0 to 12.
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to enriching the lives of children through play.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the physical, emotional, and social benefits of play.
- Be considering a playground structure or enhancement to an existing structure.
The playground structure must be a permanent structure designed for ages 0-12 and must include safety surfacing and use zones according to ADA and ASTM standards. PlayCare Mission Share recipients are able to select the size and type of structure that best fits their location and intended use. PlayCare will design and install a playground structure that meets the following criteria:
- The structure will be ADA compliant, featuring accessibility components, including surfacing.
- The structure will be designed to meet or exceed ASTM standards.
- The safety surfacing will be unitary or loose-fill, or a combination.
- The safety surfacing will be certified to meet or exceed the critical fall height of the playground structure.
- The structure will be indented for children 0-2, 2-5 or 5-12 (or a combination.)
- The structure will include signage recognizing that it is a PlayShare playground.
Find Out If You Qualify
Let’s work together to give children of all ages and abilities the opportunity to play. Complete this form to find out if your project is eligible for PlayShare.